January 19, 2010

Trial and error

I'm not 100% satisfied with how I've done the finish of the strata that end mid-tier. In the turquoise section, I used a "blunt" finish, slightly curved, which you can see in the left third of the turquoise section above. I've tried something else in the orange-red tier. One finish, about a third of the way in from the left, is slightly "stepped" rather than curved; hard to see in the photo above, a bit more visible below. A second is done with a series of points, readily seen below, towards the right edge of the photo.

I was excited to try these other methods, but, in the end, I think I like the blunt end better.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you have to try these things to work it all out. That's part of why I enjoy the Twelve by Twelve challenge - I try out the technique on a smaller work that may or may not be used and then have the confidence when I tackle my big pieces.

    ReplyDelete